Sew along Doughnut Pincushion
- 2 sheets of different colored felt
- steel wool
- a pen
- sewing pins
- sewing needle and thread
- something to trace for the circle shape.
To start I picked out which felt I wanted for the doughnut base. Then I folded the felt in half and traced a circle using a bowl. I made sure to use the bottom half that way I would have more felt left if I wanted to make a smaller pincushion later.
- Next I traced a smaller circle in the center for the doughnut hole.
- Cut out the shape
- You should be left with 2 identical flat donuts :)
- Now for the frosting. I chose to lay a donut shape down on the felt then trace the middle circle and freehand the shape I wanted for the frosting.
- Cut it out and then you might want to make adjustments.
- Now make sure your doughnut is right side up (pen marking facing down) and sew the frosting to the top of one doughnut piece. You can hand stitch or use a sewing machine like I did.
- Put frosting facing down onto the other doughnut piece (right sides together) and sew along the edge of the doughnut.(by hand or with machine)
- Then turn the doughnut inside out
- Now it's time to stuff the donut! I separated 2 pieces of steel wool and stuffed them into the doughnut.
- Sew your doughnut together. After the donut is stuffed to your satisfaction you start to hand sew it closed. I stuffed mine pretty full so I had to pull the pieces together tightly while I sewed.
- Add colored pins for sprinkles and enjoy!